27th March 2011
Click here to listen now.
or you can also download the sermon and save it in your computer from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=11QKSDO9
“If you forgive the sins of any they are forgiven them and if you retain the sins of any they are retained.” (Jn 20:23)
The 3rd purpose of the LOCAL CHURCH is to MINISTER unto the SINNERS. Many churches do many things but very few of them “Minister unto the sinner”.
To Minister unto a “ Sinner” means to bring the “WHOLE PERSON” to be restored, delivered and empowered.
Hence every Church and Christian is called by God to lead people to be SAVED, not just saying the “Sinner’s prayer” and “accepting Jesus” as their personal Saviour it is much more.
MINISTERING unto the SINNER means, as a Church and a Christian we must be:
1. GOD’S ARM OF SALVATION (Mk 16:16) : This means that as a Church we must:
- PREACH the Good News: Use every chance to tell people about Jesus. (Mk 16:15-20)
- Open the MINDS of the unsaved: Help them to see their SINFUL state. (Acts 2:37-38)
- SHOW them their SIN: Help them to see ALL have sinned. (Rom 3:23)
- LEAD them to REPENTANCE: Help them to Turn away from sin. (Heb 6:6)
2. GOD’S HEALING GRACE FOR THE AFFLICTED (Mk 16:18): We as Church must:
- LAY our HANDS on the SICK: Minister to the sick and claim healing. (Mk 16:18)
- REBUKE their condition: Use the authority that God gave to bring deliverance. (Titus 2:15)
- ANOINT the SICK with OIL: Use oil to anoint those sick. (Jms 5:14)
3. GOD’S LIGHT OF THE WORLD (Matt 5:14): The Church has to:
- Live RIGHTEOUSLY– By our righteousness the sinner will repent. (Matt 5:16)
- Live in UNITY: Our oneness will open the eyes of the unsaved. (Acts 4:32)
4. GOD’S EXPRESSION OF COMPASSION (1Pet 3:8): We as Church have to:
- REACH out to the Downtrodden: All those suffering we must minister to. (Lk 10:33)
- HELP the POOR: As Jesus reached out to the poor so must we. (Matt 19:21)
- FEED the Hungry: Jesus compassion ensured the hungry were fed. (Matt 14:14)
5. GOD’S DEMONSTRATION OF POWER (Mk 16:17): The unbelievers must see:
- SIGNS and WONDERS: The sinner will see when he sees God’s Power. (Mk 16:17)
- AUTHORITY OF GOD: Unbelievers must see us carrying God’s Authority. (Titus 2:15)
6. GOD’S DISCIPLING OF NATIONS (Matt 28:19): The Church must be able to :
- BAPTIZE the unbelievers: After preaching, lead them to be baptized (Matt 28:19)
- TEACH the unsaved : We must teach them about God and his ways. (Matt 28:20)
- LEAD them to OBEY: After teaching we must get them to obey God’s Word. (Matt28:20)
7. GOD’S PLANTER of the SEED of the WORD (Matt 13:3): The Church must Sow seeds:
- BEING A SOWER: Every Church member must be a SOWER. (Matt 13:3)
- HAVE SEEDS: God’s WORD is the seed every believer must have. (Lk 8:11)
- EXPECT a HARVEST: Where we sowed there will be a rich harvest. (Rev 14:15)
Ministering unto the sinner will open the gateway for KINGDOM ADVANCEMENT.
Click Here to download full notes.